Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, October 21, 2007

wedding progress

At long last, we were able to find a place to have the reception. Who knew it would be so difficult? Everything was booked at least a year, up to a year and a half in advance. Oy.


Anyway, without further ado:





The Gateway Building

( if the weather is right, and hasnt frozen, we'll get that fountain out front- the city runs it)

The room is on the top floor and has a balcony that overlooks the fountain below, as well as the river, and the bridge right next to it.

The date is October 25th, 2008. I also have my dress :




So far, we have the church, reception, dress, photographer and food lined up. Next I need to decide what the colors will be. Problem is, I've got a whole bunch of colors I love, but need to narrow down. I love sapphire blue, dark green, dark purple, silver, cranberry,etc etc. One thing I know I want is to go with jewel tones over a more 'traditional' palette of fall colors. The church we're getting married at is actually my mom's home church, and where she and my dad were married.( aww, I know) This church is big, made of gorgeous stone, and is littered with stained glass windows and beautiful woodwork that my grandpa did himself. For their Christmas eve candle light service, they have these big candelabras that attach to each pew, and we're going t use those. My goal is basically a warm, glowing fall ceremony that feels really cozy.

Lately I've seen some neat dark colored hydrangeas, and some green orchids that are something different. This is fun, but there are so many things to think about! Yikes.

I'm curious, what did you choose for your wedding colors and flowers? Or, what will you choose?


No comments: