Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Info Requested- Natural Products

I grew up never giving a hoot about natural vs. processed, organic vs. pesticides. But as I've gotten older and have done more research, I've wanted to attempt to go more ' natural' in the things we eat and use. Luckily my hubby is right on board, at least in the theory. Both of us are rather clueless as to where to start. After reading so many wonderful blogs and seeing how other families are making the transition, I'd like to ask for a little advice.

What is something I should start with? I've debated over cleaning products, but the stores around here do not really carry natural products. Well, maybe a tiny section of very expensive items, none of which I'm familiar with.

What 'natural' personal care items do y'all recommend? Anything from deodorant, to feminine products, etc. My main worry is with toothpaste and shampoo. I've got really thick wavy hair and I love my commercial shampoos and deep conditioners...even if the ingredient label gives me the heebie jeebies. Also, I've heard negatives here and there about fluoride, but I worry that if I use a toothpaste without, we'll get cavities more easily.

So, what works for you? Also, what things DIDN'T work?

No comments: